It’s a midsummer night’s dream. I took this picture at nearly eleven o’clock at night two days ago. Do you see that orange glow at the bottom? That is the sunset. Sunset! In the middle of the night! We left Brazil at the tail end of Autumn, and arrived in England the very next […]
Have I mentioned that Brian likes to surprise me? Every once in a while he’ll take one of my offhand comments and run with it. In this case he latched on to “I’d like to see puffins in the wild”. We were already planning to head up to Scotland for the weekend to celebrate a […]
When I decided to make this trip up to Lerwick for Up Helly Aa I didn’t know anything at all about the Shetland Islands, except that they were way up in the North Sea and they have cute ponies. Did I ever tell you that I grew up on horses, and that my very […]
Full of good food and laughing after our swing through the trees, we walked next door to the Alnwick Castle Gardens. At first I was disappointed because we really wanted to tour the castle itself, but found out just a few days before that it’s closed for the winter. Apparently the Duke of Northumberland and […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map