We had a beautiful afternoon. Angela and I were having a fantastic drive to downtown Houston, sunshine streaming through the open roof of the Jeep, excited to see the unusual and very cool Illuminarium with her boy and we were all smiles. How could anybody have a bad day when you have the company […]
When I left Houston to move to Brazil, and then to the UK, I left behind a really fantastic group of friends from my photography club, but thanks to Facebook I’ve still been able to stalk all of their beautiful photos online. I had seen a few posted showing “Architects of Air” and had been […]
Tomorrow marks 366 days since I started this photo project. A whole year! I’ve taken a photo of my feet, wherever they’ve taken me, every day for a whole year (except for that mystery day in July. I just can’t figure out which day I missed). One more photo to go. New Year’s Eve. I’ll […]
My son and I were having a conversation about travel and what it means to us. My Boy is not a traveler. He likes his home, his group of friends, his routine. He likes to know what to expect for any given day, he likes to know how to get where he’s going without […]
I’ve been in Houston for nearly two weeks while Brian is in Brazil for work. I’m staying with friends and stalking my children while I soak up all the south Texas heat, catching up with friends, watching my Boy tear up the dirt bike track, and loving all the time I get to spend with […]
What is one to do on a chilly December night in Wimberly? If you don’t want to miss the hottest action in town, you go see the annual Trail of Lights at the EmilyAnn Theater. You put on your gloves and parka, and maybe a hat, grab yourself a hot chocolate and a hot date […]
Our last post showed you our wedding day. How does a year fly by so quickly? Today let me show you how we spent our one year anniversary. I (Peg) come back to Houston twice a year to spend time with my nearly grown children. Brian stays in Brazil for work and flies up to […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map