Alone in the forest with heavy snow coming down, obscuring the trail I had just left behind me, I listened for the slightest sounds of civilization. There was nothing. No sound of vehicles to tell me where the road was. No sound of another human being. No sounds of a snowmobile coming to find me. […]
We’ll arrive in the Canadian high Arctic to begin our expedition in just over a year. While I’ll be staying in the town local town of Pond Inlet (Mittimatalik), Brian and the rest of the team will be circumnavigating Bylot Island on skis while they each pull two sleds (pulks) behind them with a rope […]
She doesn’t ask for much, this Girl of mine. “What do you want to see when you get to England?” I asked. “Snow.” In all the plans I made, and all the places I marked to go visit, I hadn’t quite figured out how to make sure there was snow involved, other than making sure […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map