Cristo Redentor, the giant statue standing tall over the city of Rio, also known in English as Christ the Redeemer. What travel blog would be complete without a visit to the statue? Our first good view was from the top of Urca Mountain, closer to the bay. We had ridden the tram to the top […]
The ever famous Copacabana Beach. This trip to Rio de Janeiro was the first time Brian and I traveled together. He had already been here in Brazil for several months and I flew down to meet him. We had a whirlwind weekend in Rio before heading farther up the coast. There were so many things […]
The world famous Sambadrome in Rio de Janeiro. We saw it for the first time during a very touristy bus tour of the city. I was surprised as we pulled in to the parking space just next to the bleacher style seats. When the party is over, and the massive and oddly shaped stadium is […]
Catedral de São Sebastião, also known in English as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian.
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map