Speaking of Edinburgh, I have to tell you about a little hidden cafe my daughter and I stumbled into. We were looking for a coffee shop where we could warm up our hands and find a bite to eat, but wanted to stay away from the big chains which seem to be on every […]
During the day of Up Helly Aa there is a break in the festivities between the morning procession and the torch procession after dark. The Jarl Squad is making its way through the town, stopping in to several local schools and official buildings as part of their duties of the day. While they’re about […]
When I decided to make this trip up to Lerwick for Up Helly Aa I didn’t know anything at all about the Shetland Islands, except that they were way up in the North Sea and they have cute ponies. Did I ever tell you that I grew up on horses, and that my very […]
We really didn’t know much about Amsterdam before we arrived. With only two days of planning we didn’t have time to do our usual routine of research before we left (I should say my routine of relentless Google stalking). I really didn’t realize the extent of the canal system. I knew they had canals, but […]
What do you do when you decide to take a last minute trip somewhere? Do you book the flight and hope you can find a room, or do you book your rooms first and hope you don’t get screwed on the cost of the flight? Or are you one of those responsible people who does […]
We spent two and a half days driving all the way around The Isle of Skye. We made several stops, including two hotels, one ruined castle, one castle that is still occasionally lived in, a museum and a few small towns, and I’ll write about those later, but I’ll let the following photos of the […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map