After spending the majority of six months in and around Newcastle, I have almost stopped gawking and shouting, “Good lord! That is a THOUSAND YEARS OLD.” Almost. I am an American from California living in the UK. An expat who married someone from a different culture and country that the one I came from. Our […]
Looking for a family friendly place to take the kids where they can roam freely, touch nearly everything and learn about the history of northern England, engineering, light, electricity, manufacturing, naval science and more? Looking for a place that will make you go, “Wow!” when you come through the doors? A place with a friendly […]
New Year’s Eve! How did the year go by so quickly? Time is flying, life is short, another year is gone. It’s a little bit scary to see how fast it’s going, but I kind of like the reminder. Life is short! I need to pay attention and take advantage of the time we have. […]
I have lived all over, but not since I was thirteen years old have I lived in a city with a metro service. My hazy childhood memories tell me that I can count the number of times I rode the BART train from Fremont to San Francisco on one hand. I rode the subway in […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map