Finally, all snug in our drysuits and on our way to the Isle of May with only minimal splashing. The five mile ride to the island was freezing cold but smooth, and so fun. It wasn’t long before the little smudge on the horizon loomed just off the front of the boat, and we […]
Built around 1903 at the end of the pier on the north side of the mouth of the Tyne River. The pier was begging to be walked, but was sadly locked tight behind it’s gate on the day we were there. I walk around in a world that makes me want to stop time […]
Once again we’ve had a busy month. In the last five weeks we’ve been to three countries, visited quite a lot of family members, moved to a new apartment, made some new friends, explored our new town, and Brian has started a new job. Phew. My “From Where I Stand” photo project is still […]
This is why we like to explore outside of the tours, leave the path and find out what’s on the other side. The lighthouse was beautiful, and while the visitor’s center and the climb to the top are worth doing, the real treat was outside. Outside is where you find the life. […]
Now that our time in Scotland is done, and our short trip to Amsterdam is over, we’ll be spending the next several months in the north east of England. It’s a place that neither Brian nor I have spent much time, only a few holiday trips over the years. Now that we have a few […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map