When I am speaking in Portugues, I seem like this. People can understand me, but is obvious that I am foreigner. Not Brazilian. For certain, nothing of Brazil, haha. For example, the other time I spoke a story with my friend. I spoke, I said, I have said? “So remember I told to you […]
When I arrived here in Jundiai, I was having a really hard time understanding what anyone said in Portuguese. I was really disappointment with myself. I had expected to be just fine since we’ve lived in the country before, and had become quite proficient before we left just a year ago. I know a year […]
Oh, Edinburgh, I am thoroughly enjoying this brief fling we’re having. We won’t be here long. Maybe another month, maybe two? We don’t know, our lives are sort of a roulette wheel right now. We’ve been here for about three weeks so far, trekking all over the city. We walk everywhere, and every time we […]
I’m in Houston right now, here to spend a couple of months with my kids over the holidays, and I’m noticing something I never noticed before. I hear it everywhere I go. The store clerk with the Korean accent. The woman in front of me at the check out line with her Eastern European accent. […]
Living in Brazil has given us a new language. In a place where almost no-one speaks English, we have learned to speak Portuguese. Sometimes badly, but we can hold our own during regular conversations. Now we’re moving on to Scotland, where Brian will be right at home and I will be in a whole new […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map