Travel. It doesn’t feel like travel anymore. We live here. It still doesn’t feel like home sometimes, but it’s more familiar now. Life is pretty normal, full of things like work, laundry, riding my bike and figuring out what’s for dinner, with the occasional weekend in the mountains with friends. Those weekends in the mountains […]
February came and went like a flash, but a really, really eventful flash. Because, dude! We went on vacation to the States! We went to the States because of the Polar Bears. You see, Brian needed to learn how to cross country ski so he can get away from the Polar Bears because he’s going […]
Another January has come and gone. Zoooooom! There it went. It’s been a quiet month filled with small things keeping me close to home, but I’ve still found happiness in getting those small things done. This life of international living can sometimes feel very normal. I have chores just like I always have. I still […]
Tomorrow marks 366 days since I started this photo project. A whole year! I’ve taken a photo of my feet, wherever they’ve taken me, every day for a whole year (except for that mystery day in July. I just can’t figure out which day I missed). One more photo to go. New Year’s Eve. I’ll […]
Once again we’ve had a busy month. In the last five weeks we’ve been to three countries, visited quite a lot of family members, moved to a new apartment, made some new friends, explored our new town, and Brian has started a new job. Phew. My “From Where I Stand” photo project is still […]
This has been a month of transition. A month of letting go. A month of clearing out our house in Houston, selling furniture, donating car loads of household things. A month of spending time with friends and my children. A month of dealing with visa paperwork and seeing Brian’s face only via Skype from nearly […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map