Right in the heart of Newcastle sit the historical foundations of the city. As the name of the city implies, there is indeed a “new” castle here. It was built by Robert Curthose, son of William the Conqueror, in 1080 and even by British standards I think that qualifies as “old”. Just a very short […]
We had been here a week. I’d taken the Metro once, walked my neighborhood once, taken the bus to the supermarket once. I didn’t know my way around, didn’t know what was here, and we had a visitor. Brian’s brother came down and spent a week with us. Have you ever had a visitor and […]
What do you do when you’ve only been in Scotland for a few weeks and haven’t yet been smart enough to buy yourself an umbrella? And you’ve left the house during a brief hour of beautiful sunshine which made you think you didn’t need your waterproof jacket? And you’re enjoying the crazy which is the […]
Brian was finally able to pull me away from adorable Willow the owl, and we continued our drive up, up, up the east coast of Scotland. We were on our way to drop off some resumes at a company which we thought was on the Black Isle. No worries, the Black Isle is just over […]
Be still my cemetery-nerd heart. One of the things I was really looking forward to about living in Scotland was the chance to see so much history preserved. My short American history only gives me about three hundred years of tangible things to see, and not much of it (which is why I loved Old […]
Catedral de São Sebastião, also known in English as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Saint Sebastian.
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map