Do you know how much I love just stumbling across ancient castles all over the UK? Every time we get in the car and go for a drive we see at least one. They usually pop up unexpectedly around a bend in the road when we’re out in the country, just like this one […]
Full of good food and laughing after our swing through the trees, we walked next door to the Alnwick Castle Gardens. At first I was disappointed because we really wanted to tour the castle itself, but found out just a few days before that it’s closed for the winter. Apparently the Duke of Northumberland and […]
We had been here a week. I’d taken the Metro once, walked my neighborhood once, taken the bus to the supermarket once. I didn’t know my way around, didn’t know what was here, and we had a visitor. Brian’s brother came down and spent a week with us. Have you ever had a visitor and […]
When we left Comrie on the morning after our hike to the monument, I spent the few hours during the drive in a sort of mesmerized daze. The scenery is so beautiful, the heather covering the hills so purple, the rain clouds so puffy and dramatic that I couldn’t look away. For about four […]
We have a love of surprises and blind turns. While on a job hunting road trip, which was planned as a quick overnighter and suddenly turned into a three day journey, we found ourselves winding through the roads on the east coast of northern Scotland. It’s pretty up there, with rolling hills and thick forests. […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map