Once again we’ve had a busy month. In the last five weeks we’ve been to three countries, visited quite a lot of family members, moved to a new apartment, made some new friends, explored our new town, and Brian has started a new job.
My “From Where I Stand” photo project is still going strong. The goal is to take 366 photos, one each day for a year, showing where my feet have taken me. We’re now on day two hundred eighty eight and a big part of me can’t believe I’ve stuck with it for this long, but I’m more and more glad each day that I’ve done it. Now I’ll always have this daily record of the milestones of our days, both large and small.
We’ve been to some incredible places, moved to and lived on three different continents and met countless new people. I have even met some new family members, relatives of Brian’s, who live close by and have accepted me right in to the fold. Keep an eye out for upcoming photos of the family cooking lesson they’re holding especially just for me next month. I’m going to learn how to cook the Indian food that I’ve come to love!
The photos above:
- Amsterdam! My first time visiting any country in continental Europe.
- Riding a bike through the streets of Amsterdam.
- We spent an afternoon watching Brian’s dad play “The Bowls”. A game I have never even seen before.
- Watching the leaves and rain fall from the little balcony of our new apartment in Newcastle, England.
- Climbing the steps of St. Mary’s lighthouse in Whitley Bay while we explore our new area.
- Brian all dressed up for his first day at work, just like a kid on his first day of school.
- Waiting in the train station for Brian’s brother to arrive for a visit.
- Brian’s brother and I looking down through the glass roof of the National Glass Center in Sunderland.
- I found the library! This makes me very happy.
Are you working on a project of your own? Share the link with us in the comments below, I always love to see what everyone else is working on.