Once again we’ve had a busy month. In the last five weeks we’ve been to three countries, visited quite a lot of family members, moved to a new apartment, made some new friends, explored our new town, and Brian has started a new job. Phew. My “From Where I Stand” photo project is still […]
You know about the coffee shops, don’t you? You don’t go there if you actually want coffee. For coffee you go to the cafe. What you’ll find in the coffee shops is not caffeine. In case you didn’t know, there are a few things that are legal in the Netherlands that are not legal in […]
Call it art, call it vandalism, call it political statement or emotional expression. Some of it is pretty incredible. And it doesn’t stop with spray paint. I think this was my favorite. On the map: Click here to see this location on our Google Map.
We really didn’t know much about Amsterdam before we arrived. With only two days of planning we didn’t have time to do our usual routine of research before we left (I should say my routine of relentless Google stalking). I really didn’t realize the extent of the canal system. I knew they had canals, but […]
What do you do when you decide to take a last minute trip somewhere? Do you book the flight and hope you can find a room, or do you book your rooms first and hope you don’t get screwed on the cost of the flight? Or are you one of those responsible people who does […]
Wait, what? You’re where now? You know, rambling around Scotland and seeing the highlands one week, and off to Amsterdam the next week. That’s normal, right? It is when you’re a geographically displaced couple like us who will soon have to get back to a regular work schedule, and you want to squeeze all the […]
Who are these people?
Peg and Brian - An American photographer and her hot Scottish husband, expats and slow travelers out in the world and writing about it. Along the way we hope to see amazing sights, meet interesting people, stay in roach free lodgings and stay alive. So far, so good (except for the roaches).
- The Up Helly Aa Torch Procession – 2013 February 1, 2013
- Setting Foot on the Isle of May February 18, 2013
- 365 Times Two – Because I Can January 4, 2014
- The Newly Arrived Expat Struggle October 8, 2013
- 365 Photo Project – Week 9 March 3, 2013
- MIA But Still Standing November 28, 2014
- Needle in a Haystack June 11, 2014
- 365 Photo Project – May 2014 June 7, 2014
- What Must They Think Of Us? May 31, 2014
- Me Talk Pretty One Day* May 19, 2014
- akil3655: Thanks, Nancy! That's why it's great to go to th...
- NanC: I'm proud of you, girl. You have more moxie than...
- akil3655: Being married to a good travel buddy is always a g...
- Joseff: My favourite travel buddy is my wife. She's just ...
- akil3655: Share a photo if you have a chance to take one! We...
Buy prints – Click the photo to see the gallery
Where in the world?
View A Kilt and A Camera in a larger map